The Strategic Initiative Materials ‘SIM’ is a virtual research centre, initiated in 2009 by the Flemish Materials Industry and the Flemish Universities. SIM’s mission is to further strengthen the scientific materials base and to build technology platforms in relevant areas with sufficient critical mass.
In need of documents
Please either select a type of document, or a specific document. A list of results will be given.
Three domains were identified in this theme to match the interest and specialization of material related industry and research organizations in Flanders: hybrid structural materials, high performance Multi-functional structural materials and sustainable processes.more
Energy generation, storage and use is one of the main challenges for the future of Europe, therefore also of Flanders. In the SIM framework, strategic focus is on the following topics: harvesting of energy with photovoltaics, energy conversion with fuel cells and energy storage with batteries.more
Materials and products become increasingly more complex. More different materials become available each year, resulting in endless combination possibilities for applications and functionalities. Basic knowledge, using detailed material characterization and modeling, is needed more than ever.more
- DISCOVER OUR NEW SIM PROGRAM “SIMBA” 31/08/2021
- Participate in the advisory committee of the project 'Advanced heat exchanger design and optimization with innovative additive manufacturing' 03/08/2021
- Take part in the GREENER workshop 15/07/2021
- 32nd CORNET CALL NOW OPEN 13/07/2021
- Meet our new SIM colleague: Griet Van Cauwenberghe 05/07/2021