Event Conformal Coating 10.02.2017
IMEC, KULeuven, UGent and UHasselt organize an event on 10th of February 2017 (PM) regarding conformal coating. The event highlights the result of a strategic basic research project in which the possibilities and limitations of different techniques were investigated to deposit conformal coatings.
The different deposition technologies are:
- Atomic Layer Deposition (ALD) and Molecular Layer Chemical Vapour Deposition (MLD): research at University of Ghent
- Chemical Solution Deposition (CSD): research at University of Hasselt
- Electrochemical Solution Deposition (ECD): research at KULeuven
The focus in the SBO project was on solid state batteries. However, the technologies are more generic and should be applicable in other sectors and applications such as pharmaceutical industry, textiles, 3D-printed products and more.
Therefore this event is organized to share the results with a broader audience.
- 13:30 Registration & welcome coffee
- 14:00 Introduction to conformal thin film deposition
- 14:15 Chemical solution deposition onto high aspect ratio 3D structures: engineering precursors and ultrasonic spraycoating (An Hardy, UHasselt IMO-IMOMEC)
- 15:05 BREAK
- 15:20 Electrochemical deposition, self-limiting reactions for conformality (Philippe Vereecken, imec)
- 16:10 BREAK
- 16:25 Atomic & Molecular Layer Deposition 2 flavours of a sequential CVD process (Christophe Detavernier, UGent Cocoon)
- 17:25 Networking drink
For more information we refer to the imec blog event page.(in Dutch)
Registration is free but required. Please register via mail to Franciska.Vanheusden@imec.be