SIM Mission Statement
SIM contributes to the competitive position of the materials industry in Flanders by means of:
- strengthening the scientific base and building technology platforms in relevant areas, and
- by generating an open innovative environment for close collaboration between industry & academia
Therefore we do
- Focus on world class, demand driven precompetitive materials research
- Focus on a limited number of research themes: innovative materials technology for applications in energy, in durable structural materials and recyclable materials.
- Developing Nanotechnology and Advanced Modelling and Characterization Technologies as important enablers.
- Maximize interaction between industry and knowledge centers within the research programs in which the projects are executed in an open innovation environment.
- Install unique technology platforms with scientific excellence with increased valorization potential in different market sectors.
Therefore we organize SIM as
- A non-profit organization
- A virtual research center supporting existing research groups
- A strategic research center governed by industry and academia
See also: the SIM Corporate Governance Charter.