- Guido Verhoeven, general manager
- Guido Verhoeven, SIM presentation
- Nanoforce team group photo
- SHE team group photo
- SOPPOM team group photo
- STREAM team group photo
- H-INT-S team group photo
- Meeting Materials November 2013
- User Forum December 2012: group discussion
- User Forum December 2012: Unfold or The Art of 3D Printing
- User Forum October 2013: poster session
- User Forum October 2013: networking
- User Forum October 2013: materials debate
- SIM logo jpg format
- Partnerlogo SIM / Flemish Agency Innovation & Entrepreneurship can be found following this link.
The Strategic Initiative Materials ‘SIM’ is a virtual research centre, initiated in 2009 by the Flemish Materials Industry and the Flemish Universities. SIM’s mission is to further strengthen the scientific materials base and to build technology platforms in relevant areas with sufficient critical mass. SIM aims to generate and enhance an open innovation environment enabling close collaboration between companies, between academia, as well as between industry & academia.
Themes with strategic importance for Flanders have been identified. Research programs fitting within these themes are developed by consortia of companies and research institutions. The obtained knowledge is further developed and implemented by the industrial program partners for their specific market needs but is at the same time made available for interested parties for other applications and market sectors.
The SIM themes are:
- Materials for Energy and Light
- Durable & Sustainable Structural Materials
- Tailored Nano Materials
- Predictive Modelling and Advanced Material Characterisation
- Recyclable Materials
Flamac, an existing research platform focusing on high throughput experimentation and molecular modeling was integrated into SIM: www.flamac.be.