The SBO project SEPOCOM focused on self-healing concepts in thermoset polymers and composites. Originally envisaged innovations in the SEPOCOM project:
- Design of polymer-based healing agents based on click chemistry for thermoset materials and composites
- Design of suitable encapsulation technologies
- Design of the thermoset matrix to increase compatibility with the healing agents
- Design of a multi-step healing system combining crack limitation and fast sealing
- Development of an integrated methodology for self-healing principles in polymers including modeling, fracture mechanics and kinetics.