The main objective of CIGStack is the development of:
- Substrates and inks compatible with a high throughput deposition process
- A concept for inline activation process (annealing, selenisation) for the non-vacuum, high-throughput and low-cost production of thin film CIGS photovoltaic modules.
The materials to be researched are the active absorber layer CIGS (Copper Indium Gallium Diselenide) and the transparent conductive oxide AZO (Aluminium doped Zinc Oxide).
- In-depth understanding of:
- Nanoparticle requirements with regard to high throughput deposition and transformation, and the respective synthesis technologies of nanoparticles
- The formulation of precursors in function of the deposition and annealing process
- Debinding and annealing kinetics allowing for in-line processing
- Develop deposition and annealing/selenisation technologies to produce cells with reproducible and uniform photovoltaic results on a larger area